Brandt is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands such as John Deere who are currently experiencing unrivalled support with dealerships across Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
Brandt is growing with over 500 employees across Aus and NZ and counting, we are an industry leader in supporting our local communities and farmers with any agricultural equipment needs.
At Brandt, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success.
As our Workplace Health and Safety Advisor for our 17 New Zealand branches you will bring expertise in the creating culture, frameworks and systems that ensure compliance with NZ Safety Legislation and drive safe, healthy work practices.
In collaboration with our Workplace Health and Safety Manager in Australia you will be the authority and go to person for the New Zealand arm of the business when it comes to best practice in all thing safety. You will partner with leaders across our different branches to provide day to day advice on wellbeing, injury management and prevention, incident investigation and participate in creation and execution of strategies to mature our culture and approach to workplace health and safety.
More on what you can expect in this role:
- Working with Senior Management, Branch Managers and Supervisors and other staff to provide fundamental health and safety services
- Implementation and maintenance of health and safety management system and online information systems
- Contribute and implement policy, procedures to ensure legislative compliance
- Support all aspects of the injury management process
- Coach and support increased engagement and adherence with policy and procedures
- Work with the Training and Human Resource Advisors to coordinate the onboarding and induction program to achieve best practice new starter
- Provide assistance and advice on a diverse range of health and safety issues, including WHS policy and procedures, risk assessment, incident investigation, SOP development, WHS audit and reporting of WHS statistics.
You can expect variety, autonomy, challenge, and the opportunity to create and develop systems and culture in partnership with a dedicated HR and WHS team.
What are we looking for?
- A Workplace health and safety qualification or equivalent experience
- Confidence with interpretation, understanding and explanation of safety legislation
- Exceptional relationship development and stakeholder engagement skills
- Well-developed communication skills, with the ability to produce reporting, develop policy, and creating engaging educational content
- The desire and ability to roll up your sleeves and pitch in with team and company projects that may extend beyond your own field, as needed
- A desire to be part of a great team on a continuous improvement journey.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive remuneration package
- Opportunities for growth in your career as the Brandt organisation expands
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and development
- A Great team to work with
Sound like you? Apply today applications will be processed as they are received.