About the company:
Our Whanagarei branch has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our store as a Service Writer. If you are someone with experience in mechanical workshop environments, who has excellent customer service and time management skills then this position is for you. You will have a mechanical acumen, together with strong communication skills, which will ensure you can effectively support our Service Manager with coordinating the service department.
What does the role look like?
- Be the front facing person for the service department and provide best in class customer service.
- Assign jobs and work orders to employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- Ensure a superior customer experience by translating prospective and current customer' concerns into specific actions for the Service Department
- Engages with the customer to explain the work performed and the related costs; resolves customer concerns or escalates concerns to the Location Manger if required.
- Proactively follows up and advises customers of any deviations from the original estimate in respect of timing or costs as required.
- Ensuring all pre-authorizations and pre-inspections are complete prior to initiating repairs.
- Maintaining current and accurate customer job files/work orders; including opening work orders, posting technician's time to work orders., posting technician's comments.
- Reconciling technician's time to payroll time capture processes and submit to payroll.
- Maintaining work order details log on a daily basis.
- Preparing all Warranty and product improvement program claims and monitor warranty receivables.
- Develops and maintains follow up processes regarding work completed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in the performing of any duties you are asked to undertake.
- Previous Agriculture or Automotive industry experience would be an advantage, but not essential.
What are we looking for?
- A positive, helpful, flexible and supportive disposition
- experience in a mechanical environment
- Sound knowledge and use of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize.
- A collaborative approach, adhering to company values.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration
- Employee Pricing on John Deere goods for personal use
- A great work culture.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
At Brandt, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture is key to our success. Join our team and build your future with Brandt!