Brandt is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands such as John Deere who are currently experiencing unrivalled support with dealerships across Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
Brandt is growing with over 500 employees across Aus and NZ and counting, we are an industry leader in supporting our local communities and farmers with any agricultural equipment needs.
At Brandt, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success.
Due to continued growth and expansion of our company, we have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Safety Coordinator to lead the Health and Safety function across Australia and New Zealand.
Based in Ballarat Head office, the Regional Safety Coordinator will be someone who has 4-5 years' experience in a Health and Safety Advisor Role and is looking to progress their career into a managerial role or you are already in a leadership role and looking to expand into an international company. The successful applicant will have a hands on approach and will be responsible for overseeing the legislative compliance, development and implementation of health and safety systems, frameworks and policies. This will be achieved through building strong relationships across the organisation and providing best practice advice on health and safety, wellbeing, injury management, policies and procedures.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Work with Senior Management, Branch Managers and Supervisors and other staff to provide fundamental health and safety services as required
- Development and maintenance of health and safety management system and online information systems
- Develop policy, procedures and alerts that direct expectations to achieve compliance with legislative requirements
- Manage the organisation appointed Workcover Agents in relation to all aspects of the injury management process
- Administer and grow capacity of Branches to adhere to internal policy and procedures and achieve compliance with external legislative requirements
- Provide advice and support to health and safety representatives on WHS related issues
- Provision of assistance and advice to clients on a diverse range of health and safety issues, including WHS policy and procedures, risk assessment, incident investigation, SOP development, WHS audit and reporting of WHS statistics
You will have a Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety coupled with practical experience within the agriculture, construction or like industries.
Other key attributes essential for success in this role will be:
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level Health and Safety advice across all levels within an organisation
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret relevant Health Safety Legislation (Acts, Regulations, Standards and Codes of Practice, Policies and Procedures)
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers and business associates
- Well-developed written communications skills with the ability to produce reports, policy development and associated documentation
- Strong customer service focus and commitment to quality customer service outcomes
- Analytical and Problem-solving skills
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive remuneration and performance incentive
- Opportunity to be pivotal in the growth and success of our Business.
- Advancement Opportunities within the Organization as we grow
- Ongoing Training & Development
Sound like you? Apply today applications will be processed as they are received.