ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THAT NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER?
Our Hamilton branch is looking for an exceptional individual to join our service department as a Foreman.
What does the opportunity look like:
In this role you will mentor and monitor the workshop team to ensure apprentices have the opportunities and support to develop their skills, the technicians in the workshop have everything they need to work effectively, and you will ensure the best use of workshop space and resourcing to meet customer needs. You will do this in collaboration with the Service Manager to ensure field and workshop operate cohesively.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assists with the assignment of jobs and work areas to Service Department employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- Assists in the appraisal of repair orders coming into the Service Department and may participate in repairs. May review repair orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Directs and assists in the diagnosis of machine problems of technicians and apprentices.
- Inspects and repairs all special tools. Recommends new tooling as required.
- Advises Service Manager or Service Location Manager of all customer complaints.
- Coordinates and schedules all in-house technician training.
- Assists the Service Manager or Service Location Manager with coordinating and conducting quarterly safety meetings.
- May fill the Service Manager or Service Location Manager role in their absence.
- May arrange for and participate in re-conditioning of used equipment and set-up of new equipment.
- May approve the release of equipment for delivery to the customer.
- May assist in providing performance feedback for service technicians and staff to the Service Manager or Service Location Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years’ experience as a Service Technician
- Ability to lead others.
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Forklift license preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Leadership Opportunity
- Great working environment
- Advancement Opportunities within the Organization as we grow.
- Ongoing Training & Development
IF YOU ARE READY TO ADVANCE YOUR CAREER WITH BRANDT, APPLY NOW!