About the Opportunity
Due to continued growth and expansion of our Finance and Corporate Services team, we have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Manager to support accounting operations for the Australian and New Zealand businesses.
Reporting to the VP of Finance and Corporate Services, the Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for the leadership in minimizing the company’s investment in accounts receivable, minimizing bad debts and promoting positive customer relations while administering the company’s Credit Policy across the Brandt ANZ locations.
Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with senior management to design and implement an effective credit management structure.
- Manage daily collection activity for both trade and wholegoods receivables, coordinating head office credit staff with division collection staff.
- Manage accounts receivable aging in relation to targets established with senior management, which may change from time to time.
- Promote constructive two-way communication between credit people and VP-Operations, division, branch and sales managers.
- Prepare and maintain written company-wide credit policies and procedures to address granting of credit, credit limits, collections processes and all necessary procedures for managing accounts receivable.
- Work with VP-Operations, division, branch, parts and service managers to ensure they are aware of company credit policies and procedures.
- Conduct periodic reviews of customer credit limits to ensure that they are in accordance with company policy and are reasonable in the circumstances.
- Report material credit violations to senior management
- Oversee the issuance of customer statements at the beginning of each month.
- Ensure that account reconciliations are completed on a timely basis.
- Preparation of monthly credit and aging reports
- Communicate directly with customers as necessary.
- Work with legal counsel as necessary to collect accounts.
- Work with the IT Manager to automate tasks that lend themselves to automation.
- Keep a constant vigil on process improvement.
- Special projects and miscellaneous duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounts receivable roles
- Must have strong leadership and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be familiar with MS Office.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time-management and organizational skills are essential.
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive remuneration and performance incentive
- Opportunity to be pivotal in creating and streamlining our purchasing, fleet, and facilities management processes
- Advancement Opportunities within the Organization as we grow.
- Ongoing Training & Development
If this sounds like you, please apply online today, applicants will be processed as received.